A small Cypro-Phoenician Black on Red Ware Juglet, Iron Age II A-B, ca. 900 - 800 BCE
Object No: GP1916
With a tapered globular body, small neck, pinched rim to create a small spout, and handle applied to the back of the rim and the shoulder, with four black lines encircling the waist, another encircling the neck, and the handle painted black.
For a similar example, see: IAA V-1696, Juglet from Haifa area, 1922 PMBI: 47-52 pl. III
Ruth Amiran, Ancient Pottery of the Holy Land, 1969, p. 287, photo 297; pl. 97 numbers 22, 24, 25.
Dimensions: Height: 2 3/4 inches (6.9 cm)
Condition: Intact and in good condition.
Provenance: Private Maryland collection, acquired from Acushnet River Antiques, New Bedford, MA.
Sands of Time provides a lifetime, unconditional guarantee of authenticity and provenance. Every artifact purchased from us is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, stating culture, provenance and age. Furthermore, we conduct due diligence to ensure the item, to the best of our knowledge, has not been illegally obtained from an excavation, architectural monument, public institution or private property. Wherever possible, reference is made to existing collections or publications.
Sands of Time Antiquities are proud to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
- We undertake to make, to the best of our ability, all purchases in good faith.
- We undertake not to purchase or sell objects until we have established, to the best of our ability, that such objects were not stolen from excavations, architectural monuments, public institutions or private property.
- We will not dismember and sell separately parts of one complete object.
- We undertake to the best of ability to keep objects together that were originally meant to be kept together.
- As appropriate we will keep photographic records of objects prior to repair and restoration, to be honest and open by describing in writing the amount of repair and restoration undertaken to a prospective purchaser.
- To the best of our ability, we guarantee authenticity and provenance of all objects offered for sale.
- Deposit: A deposit of 15% of the total price is required upon purchase.
- Checkout: Order through our website and select the "layaway" option at checkout.
- Flexibility: You are not restricted to a set monthly payment; pay what you wish when you wish, however your balance must be paid within six months of the order date or you risk forfeiture.
- Title: Property title remains with Sands of Time Antiquities, Inc. until payment is made in full.
- Shipment: Once payment is complete, we will ship your order by the next business day.
Should you cancel your layaway purchase, a 15% restocking-fee will apply. If you exchange or trade-up the objet purchased while it is on layaway, the restocking fee for the original purchase will not apply. If you would like to take advantage of our layaway system or would like to discuss an alternative option that better suits your budget, please contact us via e-mail or call 1-202-342-0518.