An Egyptian Ushabti for the Overseer of the army Horkhebi, 26th Dynasty ca. 664 -525 BCE
Object No: EU1305
A good green glazed faience ushabti, moulded in mummiform, wearing a tripartite wig and plaited divine beard. The face is well defined with a grin, the arms are crossed on the chest, hands protrude from a shroud to hold a flail in each fist, the right hand also holding a twisted rope connected to a seed sack behind the left shoulder. A vertical column of incised text at the front reads: "Illuminate the Osiris, overseer of the army Horkhebi, born of Hathor ", the back also incised at the top of the shallow dorsal pillar that reads: "Hathor"
Shabti were figures placed in ancient Egyptian tombs in order to serve the deceased in the afterlife. They hold objects (in this case flails and a basket) that they will use to work, and are carved with inscriptions; usually a passage from the Book of the Dead.
Condition: Intact and in excellent condition with no chips, cracks or breaks, comes with custom mount.
Dimensions: Height: 5 inches (12.7 centimeters)
Provenance: Private NJ collection, acquired in the early 1980's
Sands of Time provides a lifetime, unconditional guarantee of authenticity and provenance. Every artifact purchased from us is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, stating culture, provenance and age. Furthermore, we conduct due diligence to ensure the item, to the best of our knowledge, has not been illegally obtained from an excavation, architectural monument, public institution or private property. Wherever possible, reference is made to existing collections or publications.
Sands of Time Antiquities are proud to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
- We undertake to make, to the best of our ability, all purchases in good faith.
- We undertake not to purchase or sell objects until we have established, to the best of our ability, that such objects were not stolen from excavations, architectural monuments, public institutions or private property.
- We will not dismember and sell separately parts of one complete object.
- We undertake to the best of ability to keep objects together that were originally meant to be kept together.
- As appropriate we will keep photographic records of objects prior to repair and restoration, to be honest and open by describing in writing the amount of repair and restoration undertaken to a prospective purchaser.
- To the best of our ability, we guarantee authenticity and provenance of all objects offered for sale.
- Deposit: A deposit of 15% of the total price is required upon purchase.
- Checkout: Order through our website and select the "layaway" option at checkout.
- Flexibility: You are not restricted to a set monthly payment; pay what you wish when you wish, however your balance must be paid within six months of the order date or you risk forfeiture.
- Title: Property title remains with Sands of Time Antiquities, Inc. until payment is made in full.
- Shipment: Once payment is complete, we will ship your order by the next business day.
Should you cancel your layaway purchase, a 15% restocking-fee will apply. If you exchange or trade-up the objet purchased while it is on layaway, the restocking fee for the original purchase will not apply. If you would like to take advantage of our layaway system or would like to discuss an alternative option that better suits your budget, please contact us via e-mail or call 1-202-342-0518.