A penannular earring made of a round bar of white glass. The notch in the circumference is for attachment to the ear lobe through a large piercing. This type of earring was found at Malgatta, Amarna and continued in use through the 19th Dynasty.
Mounted on an old red-velvet covered wooden base, of the same type used for the late 19th century mountings at the British Museum, and also found in connection to small finds in several other important early British collections such as Amherst, Macgregor etc. The base has an original collection label with an older printed number in red under a later number in black ink. Another label with yet another set of numbers is found underneath.
Dimensions: Diameter: 1.9 cm (0.75 inch)
Condition: Intact and in very good condition.
Provenance:Ex. Hilton Price private collection, late 1800's, private collection of Geoffrey Metz, Egyptologist and curator of Egyptian antiquities at the Gustavianum Museum, Uppsala University, Sweden, acquired from Tetragon, London in 1997.