A Romano-Egyptian Green Glass Bangle, Roman Period, ca. 1st - 3rd century CE
Object No: EJ2008
A small glass bracelet, probably for a child, formed from bright ribbed green glass with thick sides and shaped into a bangle.
Dimensions: Diameter: 1 3/4 inches (4.4 cm)
Condition: Intact and in excellent condition overall.
Provenance: Dr. Edna (Ann) R. Russmann private collection, Brooklyn, acquired 1970 - early 1990s. Edna Russmann joined the Brooklyn Museum in 1989, as a research associate, a position she held until 1998, when she was named Associate Curator and in 2000, Curator. Prior to joining the Brooklyn Museum, she was Visiting Curator at the Kelsey Museum of Archaeology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; Associate Curator in the Department of Egyptian Art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art; and was a William Stevenson Smith Curatorial Fellow at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Dr. Russmann is the curator of Unearthing the Truth: Egypt’s Pagan and Coptic Sculpture, on view February 13 through May 19, 2009. She was Guest Curator of Temples and Tombs: Treasures of Egyptian Art from the British Museum and Eternal Egypt: Masterworks of Ancient Art from the British Museum, both organized and circulated by the American Federation of Arts. She has served as a consultant for a number of exhibitions and reinstallations at several major museums throughout the United States. The recipient of a B.A. in History from New York University, Dr. Russmann was awarded an M.A. and Ph.D. in Egyptian and Ancient Near Eastern Art from the Institute of Fine Arts at New York University.
Sands of Time provides a lifetime, unconditional guarantee of authenticity and provenance. Every artifact purchased from us is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, stating culture, provenance and age. Furthermore, we conduct due diligence to ensure the item, to the best of our knowledge, has not been illegally obtained from an excavation, architectural monument, public institution or private property. Wherever possible, reference is made to existing collections or publications.
Sands of Time Antiquities are proud to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
- We undertake to make, to the best of our ability, all purchases in good faith.
- We undertake not to purchase or sell objects until we have established, to the best of our ability, that such objects were not stolen from excavations, architectural monuments, public institutions or private property.
- We will not dismember and sell separately parts of one complete object.
- We undertake to the best of ability to keep objects together that were originally meant to be kept together.
- As appropriate we will keep photographic records of objects prior to repair and restoration, to be honest and open by describing in writing the amount of repair and restoration undertaken to a prospective purchaser.
- To the best of our ability, we guarantee authenticity and provenance of all objects offered for sale.
- Deposit: A deposit of 15% of the total price is required upon purchase.
- Checkout: Order through our website and select the "layaway" option at checkout.
- Flexibility: You are not restricted to a set monthly payment; pay what you wish when you wish, however your balance must be paid within six months of the order date or you risk forfeiture.
- Title: Property title remains with Sands of Time Antiquities, Inc. until payment is made in full.
- Shipment: Once payment is complete, we will ship your order by the next business day.
Should you cancel your layaway purchase, a 15% restocking-fee will apply. If you exchange or trade-up the objet purchased while it is on layaway, the restocking fee for the original purchase will not apply. If you would like to take advantage of our layaway system or would like to discuss an alternative option that better suits your budget, please contact us via e-mail or call 1-202-342-0518.